Commissioning of works on the first section of motorway on Corridor 5C through the Republika Srpska from the Johovac Interchange (Tovira) to the Rudanka Interchange (Kostajnica) of the total length of l = 5.65 km was held on June 17, 2019 with appropriate ceremony.
Mrs. Željka Cvijanović, the President of the Republika Srpska, Mr. Radovan Višković, the Prime Minister of the Republika Srpska, Mr. Neđo Trninić, the Minister of Transport and Communications in the Government of the Republika Srpska, Mr. Dušan Topić, the Director of PC “Republika Srpska Motorways“, Mr. Boris Jerinić, the Mayor of Doboj, Mr. Slobodan Stankovic, the General Manager of the company “Integral Inženjering“ a.d. (PLC) Laktaši, as well as representatives of contractors, Engineers, media representatives and numerous other guests attended the opening ceremony.
In their speeches, senior officials stressed out the importance of motorway construction on Corridor 5C for further economic development and improving of overall quality of life of this and other parts of the Republika Srpska.
The motorway on Corridor 5C on the territory of the Republika Srpska from Doboj to Vukosavlje will be constructed in the length of 46.6 kilometers. It is foreseen that the whole section of the motorway will be constructed through four projects (contracts) from which the section from the Johovac Interchange (Tovira) to the Rudanka Interchange (Kostajnica) will be constructed first.
The works will include, among other things, the design documentation preparation and the execution of the following works:
- construction of the motorway section in the total length of l = 5.65 km with all auxiliary structures;
- construction of the Rudanka Interchange (Kostajnica) of trumpet shape with facilities and toll collection system;
- construction of the Johovac Interchange (Tovira) of T-shape;
- construction of 18 structures which include: 2 viaducts, 8 bridges, 4 underpasses and 4 passes;
- placing of modern telecommunication installation for traffic management on the motorway.
The company Integral Inženjering a.d. (PLC) is very proud that it was selected together with Granit a.d. (Skopje) as the main Contractor for this project on a very demanding international tender.