Employer: Public company “Autoputevi Republike Srpske“ d.o.o. (LLC) Banja Luka
Contractor: Integral inženjering a.d. (JSC) Laktaši
Value of works: 12.2 million BAM or 6.2 million EUR
Funding: Local funds
The Mayor of Gradiška, Zoran Adžić, and the Assistant Minister in the Ministry of Transport and Communication of the Republika Srpska, Dragan Stanimirović, ceremoniously opened to traffic the connecting road (bypass) of the main road M16 Banja Luka – Gradiška, at the section Brestovčina – Čatrnja, in the total length of 5.7 km on April 21, 2022. The representatives of institutions of the Republika Srpska, the city administration of the city of Gradiška, interested businessmen and citizens attended the ceremony.
The construction of section of the main road, which began in October 2014 and has not been completed, was officially brought to an end with the opening ceremony. On November 2020, the company “Integral inženjering“ took over and continued the interrupted works, and successfully completed them.
This road will:
- serve as a bypass around Gradiška, releiving the traffic in the city and surrounding settlements, while a new development ring and space for expansion of the city will be formed around it;
- provide faster and easier access to the newly constructed border crossing, customs terminal and the bridge over the Sava River on the motorway E661 Gradiška – Banja Luka.
Be reminded that the company “Integral inženjering“ is completing the construction of the bridge over the Sava River, and that on March 19, 2022, the construction of the motorway from the bridge to the village of Novi Varoš (Croatia) began on the future motorway on the corridor E661 Okučani – bridge oveer the Sava River. With the completion of these works and the construction of the customs terminal on the Croatian side, the city of Gradiška will be permanently relieved of traffic jams, while at the same time the living and working conditions of citizens and numerous business entities will be significantly improved.
Works on the construction of the connecting road included:
• construction of 5.15 km long section of the main road with a complete drainage system;
• construction of a roundabout;
• construction of 3.95 km long pedestrian and bicycle path and
• installation of complete traffic signalization and road equipment on the entire section.